Planet People Project is the library's proactive program series about building resilient communities and ecosystems.
August 2019's theme is REUSE AND REPAIR
August 31, 2019: 2-5pm
Bring in your bikes, electronic devices to be repaired, your clothes to be mended, and small appliances to be fixed! Let's keep stuff out of the landfill and build community by helping each other fix things.
- Drop in. First come, first served.
- No guarantee that we can fix your item
- Help the event run smoothly by filling out a Repair Party Request Form at tiny.cc/repairparty or call (707) 546-2265 and ask for Jenny.
- We're recruiting volunteers for this event (sign up to be a fixer, greeter, translator, and "supply runner"). Fill out the form at tiny.cc/repairvolunteer or call the library and ask for Jenny.
- En Español: EVENTO: tiny.cc/repairpartyspanish
- En Español: FORMULARIO DE SOLICITUD: tiny.cc/reparar
"Right to Repair" Resources
- A 'Repair Economy' Might Fix More than Just Stuff. It Could Fix Us as Well. World Economic Forum. 6/18/2019
- Right to Repair is Now a National Issue Wired. 4/1/19
- It’s Your iPhone. Why Can’t You Fix It Yourself? New York Times. 4/06/2019
- Chimera Arts Repair Cafe in Sebastopol. Every 3rd Saturday.
- The Repair Association: https://repair.org/association
- Culture of Repair: https://www.cultureofrepair.org/
- Ifixit: the free repair guide for everything, written by everyone: https://www.ifixit.com/
- Repair Cafe. Find or host your own: repaircafe.org
- Santa Rosa Tool Library: http://www.borrowtools.org/
- Fixit Clinic: https://fixitclinic.blogspot.com/
- Computer Recycling Center in Santa Rosa. Promotes re-use and recycling of computers and electronic equipment: http://crc.org/
- U.S. PIRG (Public Interest Research Group), Right to Repair: https://uspirg.org/feature/usp/right-repair
- Community Bikes: Bike reuse, repair & training in Santa Rosa: http://liteinitiatives.org/communitybikes
- Zero Waste Action, Sonoma County: http://liteinitiatives.org/zerowaste
- Open Repair Alliance: https://openrepair.org/
- Reddit Mobile Repair: https://www.reddit.com/r/mobilerepair/
150 Coddingtown Center, Santa Rosa
- Saturday, August 31, 2019
- 2:00pm - 5:00pm
- Northwest Santa Rosa Library