Sonoma Valley Library Advisory Board Meeting
The Library Advisory Board for the Sonoma Valley Library meets at Sonoma Valley Library, 755 West Napa Street, Sonoma CA.
All meetings are open to the public.
Sonoma County Library
MEETING NOTES Thursday, August 8, 2019
LAB Members Present: Beverly Seyfert, Janice Chadwin, Ken Brown, Joanne Sanders
Also Present: Diana Spaulding, Interim Branch Manager; Thomas Haeuser, Sonoma County Library Commissioner; Friends of the Library: Marge Thomas, Janet Constantino, Robin Kunde; Wendy Hoffman
- CALL TO ORDER: 3:45
- Friends Report(Marge) Friends will take out insurance for FOL volunteers. This will protect the city as well as the volunteers. They will vote by mail. Karen Sanders will be new publicity director. No September meeting for FOL. Book Sale Aug. 14-19.
- Commissioner Report (Tom) Tom Reappointed Ken Brown to another term through June 2023. Claire (our Children’s Librarian) is working on finding a student rep for LAB. Commissioners approved an overall master plan for Library Technology; will include two types of services: Internal/staff and customers. We have surplus money from the 2018-19 budget, mostly due to delayed plans, such as the Petaluma branch refurbish. More all-LABs meetings are in the works. Link Plus is new technology for the libraries—it increases the pool of libraries to share books. Links Plus is now available.
- Library Director or Designee Report—A written report was submitted . NOTE: Anne Hammond will be at our library branch on Friday, August 23, at 11:00 AM.
- Branch Manager Report Diana submitted a written report.
- City Council Liaison Report –No city representation
- APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE JUNE 13, 2019 MEETING. Ken made motion, and Bev seconded, carried and approved.
- PUBLIC APPEARANCES OR LETTERS -none
- DISCUSSION ITEMS AND POSSIBLE ACTION ITEMS-none
- OTHER ITEMS -none
NEXT MEETING: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2019, 3:45 P.M.
Sonoma Valley Library, Forum Room
The LAB meets the following months: February, April, June, August, October & December
LAB Members & Year Term Ends
Chair - Joanne Sanders (2020)
Vice Chair – Ken Brown (2023)
Secretary – Bethany Wilson (2020)
Youth Member – VACANT
Janice Chadwin (2022)
Barbara Hall (2022)
Laurell Meredith (2021)
Beverly Seyfert (2022)
City of Sonoma Liaison – Rachel Hundley