Windsor Library Advisory Board
Regular meeting of the Windsor Library Advisory Board.
Minutes of meeting:
SONOMA COUNTY LIBRARY
WINDSOR REGIONAL LIBRARY ADVISORY BOARD
5:00 pm. Tuesday, January 9, 2018
Windsor Regional Library - 9291 Old Redwood Highway, Bldg. 100
- CONVENING: 5:00 p.m.
Present-LAB members: Pam Arnold, Sarah Baker, “D” Graner; Alys Hay, Mike Neely. Also present: Library Commissioner Randall Neff; Branch Manager Bill Coolidge; Interim Library Director Tracy Gray.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS: None
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved with corrections as follows: 4.2 “January or February” instead of “January of February”
4.3 add the following: Commissioner Neff introduced Sarah Baker, our new youth member.
- REPORTS & UPDATES
- TOWN COUNCIL LIAISON REPORT: none
- LIBRARY DIRECTOR’S REPORT: Tracy Gray said recruitment is under way for vacancies in several branches. The refresh of the Northwest Branch will begin next week. A temporary facility will be used for three months; staff will be dispersed to other branches. The new headquarters facility is being readied and should be in use by the middle of February. A state grant had been received to replace some of the materials lost in the fires. The branches will be open extra hours on Saturdays beginning in April.
- LIBRARY COMMISSIONER’S REPORT: Commissioner Neff said Library staff received a cost of living adjustment of 3% in January. He distributed the new library brochure which will be used at outreach events. Property tax loss is expected to be about 2% this year and 2.5% next year due to the fires. The library submitted the activity report to the State. The commission will be hiring a new law firm. The budget workshop will take place in late February. Priorities for next year are: extra evening hours and Sunday hours. There is no conclusion yet on whether all branches must be open the same hours. The Library is still looking for replacements to take over Kiyo’s duties.
- BRANCH MANAGER’S REPORT: Bill said there is still no replacement for him as branch manager. There are some open slots being filled by temps. They will be using staff from the Northwest branch so Windsor staff can be used for other projects. The staff has received training in Windows 10 and MS Office. Vicky is organizing the “Lawyer in the Library” project; Lisa organized the Linus Blanket project; Tiffany has been visiting pre-schools. The HVAC has been repaired. The “food for fines” drive brought in about 4 ½ barrels of food. The book clubs remain popular, as do the writing clubs. The ukulele program was very popular.
- FRIENDS OF THE WINDSOR LIBRARY REPORT: Sonja Murphy is preparing a wall display to honor her mother, Anne Marie Murphy. The book cart sales remain about the same; the Friends sold one item on Amazon for about $500. The door to the storage unit has been repaired.
- DISCUSSION ITEMS
- There are 2 vacancies on the LAB. Bill has contacted a Homework Help volunteer who is interested in joining the LAB; Pam will contact a friend who may be interested; Sarah contacted a teacher, but she is not available at this time.
- ACTION ITEMS - none
- MEMBER ANNOUNCEMENTS – A current list of LAB members was circulated. “D” Graner’s term expired; Randall will bring the reappointment up to the Commission.
- ADJOURNMENT: 5:33 p.m.
Tuesday April 10, 2018 5:00 p.m.
Mike Neely, Secretary
- Tuesday, January 9, 2018
- 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- Windsor Regional Library