Sonoma Valley Library Advisory Board Meeting
Sonoma County Library
SONOMA VALLEY LIBRARY ADVISORY BOARD
MEETING NOTES from Thursday, December 13, 2018
Sonoma Valley Regional Library, Forum Room
755 West Napa Street Sonoma, CA 95476
Members Present: Joanne Sanders, Ken Brown, Janice Chadwin, Barbara Hall, Laurell Meredith, Beverly Seyfert (a quorum was present); Sarah Vantrease, County Library Public Services Division Manger; Lisa Musgrove, Branch manager; Tom Haeuser, Commissioner;
- CALL TO ORDER at 3:30.
- Thanks, Janice, for volunteering to take notes.
Reports and updates on library governance, management, programs, services and support group activities as well as relevant City Council activities. All items are for discussion only.
- Friends Report : The Friends had $50,000 moved to their Vanguard account.
- Commissioner Report: Picking the new Executive Director is most important. Three candidates interviewed but no consensus yet. More meetings are needed. Staff input was sought.
- Library Director or Designee Report: Two new commissioners bring the number to eleven. Regarding the Executive Director, staff felt all candidates were strong. Measure Y: working on getting consultants to help shape the future: staffing fundraising, the archives, modern machines/technology; hot issue is Roseland area branch. Petaluma branch is starting a Library Auction. Petaluma refresh is starting. The new executive director will be working on all these issues.
- Branch Manager Report : improvements are needed in the driveway of parking lot. Stripping is needed to address the poor markings. Still have transient problems in outdoor lunch area. What’s very positive is that Book Clubs continue to be popular; Yoga for Kids. The DiRosa (Preserve) will have a program of Art Outreach in October; New tables for computers (have arrived?); and in-house check-out of tablets, called Hublets, are available for 2 hours use.
- City Council Liaison Report : (None)
- Measure Y Oversight Committee (Mary Evelyn) (none)
- APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE November 8, 2018 MEETING. Amended to show Library did not close on Veteran’s Day. Approved and passed.
- PUBLIC APPEARANCES OR LETTERS
An opportunity for members of the public to address the Library Advisory & Friends’ Boards; times are limited at the Chair’s discretion. NONE
- DISCUSSION ITEMS AND POSSIBLE ACTION ITEMS
- OTHER ITEMS
An opportunity for Members place items on the next agenda, or request information from the Library Commissioner, Director or Branch Manager. NONE
Meeting adjourned 4 PM
NEXT MEETING: Thursday, FEBRUARY 21, 2019
Sonoma Valley Library, Forum Room
- Thursday, December 13, 2018
- 3:30pm - 5:00pm
- Sonoma Valley Regional Library