Sonoma County Library offers free legal information and referrals, in partnership with the Sonoma County Law Library and the Sonoma County Bar Association.
Sonoma County Library is pleased to host "Lawyers in the Library," a program providing free legal information and referrals, in partnership with the Sonoma County Law Library, the Sonoma County Bar Association and Recourse Mediation.
Local attorneys will offer free legal information and referral. These lawyer consultations will last up to 20 minutes. The consultations will take place at the Sonoma County Public Library and the Sonoma County Law Library on a rotating basis.
The program is a partnership between the Sonoma County Public Library, the Sonoma County Law Library, the Sonoma County Bar Association and Recourse Mediation and staffed by volunteer attorneys. These attorneys should not be considered as personal lawyers. You will be required to sign a waiver before speaking to an attorney that states that no attorney-client relationship is being created with this free service.
No appointment is necessary. Sign-ups are first come, first served and begin 30 minutes before the program start time.
Dates and Locations
Sonoma County Law Library
- Date & Time: 1st Saturday of every other month 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- July 1, 2017
- Sept 2, 2017
- Nov 4, 2017
- Jan 6, 2018
- Mar 4, 2018
- May 5, 2018
Sonoma County Library
*Location rotates among branches
- Date & Time: 3rd Monday of every other month 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- June 19, 2017, Central Santa Rosa Library
- Aug 21, 2017, Rincon Valley Branch
- Oct 16, 2017, Windsor Regional Library
- Dec 18, 2017, Guerneville Regional Library
- Feb 21, 2018 (Wednesday rather than Monday) Sebastopol Regional Library
- April 16, 2018 Rincon Valley Branch