Library Advisory Board
SONOMA COUNTY LIBRARY
WINDSOR REGIONAL LIBRARY ADVISORY BOARD
5:00 pm. Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Windsor Regional Library - 9291 Old Redwood Highway, Bldg. 100
- CONVENING: 5:00 p.m.
Present-LAB members: Mike Neely, Brenda Balding, “D” Graner; Pam Arnold, Alys Hay, Sean Manni. Absent: none. Also present: Library Commissioner Randall Neff; Branch Manager Bill Coolidge; Library Director Brett Lear; Town Liaison Linda Kelly.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS: None
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as typed.
- REPORTS & UPDATES
- TOWN COUNCIL LIAISON REPORT: Finished the General Plan study, now moving to EIR phase which is scheduled to be completed by the end of this calendar year. Will move forward in stages, Huerta Gym location will be the first phase. Drafting an RFQ for a portion or the whole project. Do not have Town funding for a pool and Litton Tribe has not moved forward with a proposal. Congratulations to Linda Kelly on forthcoming retirement.
- LIBRARY DIRECTOR’S REPORT: On track to open on Mondays in May. Commission had a budget workshop last Monday (April 3); web site has a PowerPoint presentation of this meeting. Staff asking to add support positions. Will increase number of events five-fold this year. Adding almost $1million to the collection fund.
- LIBRARY COMMISSIONER’S REPORT: Commission went on a retreat at SSU Library, discussed how to make commission more effective. Monday’s budget meeting took a long time.
- BRANCH MANAGER’S REPORT: Tiffany Bronzan now has a fulltime appointment; Lisa Sigler is now a Library Associate; Patrick Cass and Holly Garduno are new Specialists at the Circulation Desk. Redesigning the workroom. Front door may need replacement. Vicki Chavez has new display in the lobby. Vicki and Erin Stroud of the Windsor Senior Center are forming a mystery book club which will meet at the Senior Center. Vicki is also working on other outreach programs for senior citizens. Tiffany is preparing summer reading outreach. Web calendar has events listed, address is: https://sonomacounty.libcal.com/. Healthy Living program is winding down. Bringing in computer classes in English and Spanish next month.
- FRIENDS OF THE WINDSOR LIBRARY REPORT: Book cart sales remain lower than last year; will participate in Earth Day celebration April 23; Art Show is April 18-28, with Artist Reception April 19, 5-7 p.m.
- DISCUSSION ITEMS
- Community Conversation on May 3: Bill and Pam met with Angelina Cacioppo (Library Community Engagement Coordinator), who wants support from FoWL and Windsor LAB to help facilitate the conversation meeting. Bill will send a list of questions on the agenda to LAB members.
- Recruitment of LAB Members: Homework Help volunteers may be possibilities.
- ACTION ITEMS
- Nomination and Election of Officers: Elections results-Secretary=Mike Neely, Vice Chair=Alys Hay, Chair=Pam Arnold
- Use of Outreach Funds: Voted to sponsor Town Green Thursday events for two of the final nights. Cost is $500, may get all four nights if the sponsorships are not all sold.
- MEMBER ANNOUNCEMENTS
Homework Help-7th graders don' come in with 3rd and 4th graders, may want to split Homework Help into two sessions. Thank you Sean Manni for service to the Windsor LAB (Sean is graduating from high school and his appointment as a student member now ends).
- ADJOURNMENT: 5:57 p.m.
Tuesday July 11, 2017 5:00 p.m.
“D” Graner, Secretary
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017
- 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- Windsor Regional Library