Sonoma Library Advisory Board Meeting
Sonoma County Library
SONOMA VALLEY LIBRARY ADVISORY BOARD
Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:00-5:00
Sonoma Valley Regional Library, Forum Room
755 West Napa Street Sonoma, CA 95476
- CALL TO ORDER 4:00
Present: Lisa Musgrove; Ken Brown; Laurell Meredith,; Janice Chadwin; Natalie Sandoval; Beth Wilson; Tracy Gray
Reports and updates on library governance, management, programs, services and support group activities as well as relevant City Council activities. All items are for discussion only.
- Commissioner’s Report (Tom Haeuser absent)
- Library Director’s Report
- Commission approved a naming policy for large donors
- Organizations structure/revamp
- re-vamp committees
- Kunde Room making progress
- All Staff day September 15. Library Closed.
- Branch Manager’s Report
- Wildlife Safari program a big hit, good programs with large crowds. New tables in the children’s area.
- 3-D printer coming
- working with 2 local artists to stage art shows
Lisa’s insights into our bylaws and purpose, from her recent experience on a library committee looking at these things: the true purpose of the LAB is to be representative of our branch/service area to inform the Commission. Suggested that we attend at least one Commission meeting . Also, noted that there is no mention of length of term in the bylaws of the LAB, except for the student member.
- Friends’ Report –(no representative present). The Friends approved new mission statement : To support our SV Library and literacy efforts in our community.
- City Council Liaison Report (Dave Cook absent)
- APPROVED--- MINUTES OF THE August 2017 MEETING.
- APPROVED---- MINUTES OF THE MAY 2017 MEETING
- PUBLIC APPEARANCES OR LETTERS
An opportunity for members of the public to address the Library Advisory & Friends’ Boards; times are limited at the Chair’s discretion. None
- DISCUSSION ITEMS AND POSSIBLE ACTION ITEMS—these items were tabled until the next meeting so that our President can also address these items.
6.1 Action Item – amending the by-laws to include length of term
6.2 Discussion Item – Look at the by-laws for other updates from the Commission discussion/decision on the process for LAB appointments and resignations for consideration at the next LAB meeting.
6.3 Discussion Items – Other changes, updates, improvements to the by-laws for consideration at the next LAB meeting
6.2 DiscussionItem – discussion to orientate new youth member to the LAB
- OTHER ITEMS
An opportunity for Members place items on the next agenda, or request information from the Library Commissioner, Director or Branch Manager.
Beth Wilson has not been attending the Farmers’ Market on Tuesdays due to difficulty getting back to town to set-up and man the table. Ken had a great suggestion to ask for City Hall closet space to store the table and crate; if not City Hall then the library to store the stuff. Lisa suggested that an email be sent out to ask other members to man the table in the few remaining dates before the Market is over for the year.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 12 14, 4:00 P.M.,
Sonoma Valley Library, Forum Room
- Thursday, September 14, 2017 Show more dates
- 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- Sonoma Valley | Forum Room
- Sonoma Valley Regional Library